'The Mindy Project' Shuffles Cast for Midseason
Amanda Setton is leaving the Fox comedy, while fellow regular Anna Camp will now be recurring.
The Mindy Project remains a work in progress.
The freshman Fox comedy, picked up for a super-sized 24-episode season, will see a small cast shake-up in the new year when regular Amanda Setton departs the series and Anna Camp is bumped to recurring. Confirmed by a Fox rep to The Hollywood Reporter, the news was first reported by TVLine.
Camp co-starred in the series' pilot, playing the best friend to star Mindy Kaling's romantically challenged OB/GYN. Camp's new arrangement will allow the popular actress -- she recently appeared in Pitch Perfect and The Help -- to pursue other work while continuing to appear on the series.
Setton was a late addition to the cast, joining Stephen Tobolowsky and Ike Barinholtz in July. Her character, receptionist Shauna, is said to be leaving for creative reasons.
The show is now casting a new recurring female character, described as a college friend of Mindy's, with the potential for becoming a series regular.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera