Miss USA Winner Alyssa Campanella: 5 Things You Didn't Know
The Los Angeles resident loves HBO’s "Game of Thrones" and hopes to follow in Angelina Jolie’s footsteps.
Alyssa Campanella beat out 50 other contestants for the Miss USA crown Sunday night. Here are a few facts about the winner of the Donald Trump-owned pageant.
1. The 21-year-old was born in Manalapan, New Jersey, but now lives in Los Angeles. She'll compete in the Miss Universe pageant on Sept. 12 in Sao Paolo, Brazil. Miss Tennessee Ashley Durham was the first runner-up.
2. When asked during the competition if marijuana should be legalized, her response was that it should be available to those who need it for medical purposes but shouldn't be fully legalized
3. Campanella earned the Miss New Jersey Teen USA 2007 award, and was the first runner-up to winner Hilary Cruz of Colorado at the Miss Teen USA awards. She won the Miss California USA Award in November 2010.
4. She hopes to one day follow in Angelina Jolie's footsteps and become a United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. After Hurricane Katrina in 2005, she raised over $2,200 for rebuilding efforts through Unicef Trick-or-Treat boxes. The following year, she was named an Honorary UNICEF Ambassador for the U.S. Fund.
5. She's a huge fan of HBO's Game of Thrones -- which aired its finale Sunday, the same night she competing for the Miss USA title. "Obsessed!" she wrote on Twitter of the show early Monday morning.
What's Hot in TV
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR