Miss Utah Flubs Answer at Miss USA Pageant (Video)
Marissa Powell gets tongue-tied when asked an equal-pay question.
Miss Connecticut might have walked away the winner at Sunday night's Miss USA pageant, but Miss Utah is hogging (most) of the media spotlight after botching an answer to a question about income inequality.
Marissa Powell, 21, of Salt Lake City, was asked: "A recent report shows that in 40 percent of American families with children, women are the primary earners, yet they continue to earn less than men. What does it say about society?"
The beauty queen appeared to pull a blank as she launched into a rambling response, saying: "I think, especially the men are ... seen as the leaders of this, and so we need to see how to ... create education better. So that we can solve this problem. Thank you."
Watch, and cringe, below.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)