Miss Utah Flubs Answer at Miss USA Pageant (Video)
Marissa Powell gets tongue-tied when asked an equal-pay question.
Miss Connecticut might have walked away the winner at Sunday night's Miss USA pageant, but Miss Utah is hogging (most) of the media spotlight after botching an answer to a question about income inequality.
Marissa Powell, 21, of Salt Lake City, was asked: "A recent report shows that in 40 percent of American families with children, women are the primary earners, yet they continue to earn less than men. What does it say about society?"
The beauty queen appeared to pull a blank as she launched into a rambling response, saying: "I think, especially the men are ... seen as the leaders of this, and so we need to see how to ... create education better. So that we can solve this problem. Thank you."
Watch, and cringe, below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR