Jimmy Fallon Impersonates Mitt Romney, Defends '47%' Remark: 'I Made a Honey Boo Boo' (Video)
The host also takes jabs at Kate Middleton, Amanda Bynes and "American Idol" in his "Late Night" skit.
Mitt Romney -- er, Jimmy Fallon -- attempts to explain the Republican presidential hopeful's recent "47 percent" remark on Tuesday's Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.
Romney on Monday found himself at the center of controversy after Mother Jones published a series of secret videos in which he is seen speaking candidly about a variety of hot button topics.
The videos were taken at an intimate fundraiser earlier this year, in which Romney was not aware he was being recorded, and spoke freely about his opinions.
Among the sound bites drawing the most attention from voters: “There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.”
On his late-night show, Fallon impersonates Romney and addresses the comments, which he describes as "something to the effect of me not caring about 47 percent of the country because they're all basically freeloaders sucking off the teat of the rich."
"Now I know what you're thinking, let's leave Kate Middleton out of this," he quips, referring to the Duchess of Cambridge, who is embroiled in a topless-photo scandal. "I admit what I said was not elegantly stated. Perhaps I made a bit of a 'Honey Boo Boo.'"
He also takes jabs at Amanda Bynes and American Idol's new four-person judging panel.
Late Night airs on NBC at 12:35 a.m. weeknights. Watch the skit below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Emma Roberts Wants to See More 'True Detective'!
- Aaron Paul 'Can't Wait' to Have Kids with Lauren Parsekian, Hopes They're Mini Versions of His Wife!
- Milo Ventimiglia & His 'Visitors' Cast Are Excited to Start Filming!
- Andrew Garfield & Emma Stone Show Us How to Really Kiss with Passion On and Off-Screen!