'Mob Doctor' Adds 'Oz's' Terry Kinney (Exclusive)
He'll recur as a shady old acquaintance of William Forsythe's character in the freshman Fox drama.
Fox's The Mob Doctor is adding some muscle.
Terry Kinney, who starred on HBO's gritty prison drama Oz, has booked a recurring role on the freshman series starring Jordana Spiro, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Kinney will appear in episodes 101 and 103 of the Monday night drama as Salvatore Amaro, an old acquaintance of Constantine's (William Forsythe).
Spiro stars as a female thoracic surgeon who becomes indebted to the South Chicago mafia and is forced to moonlight as a "mob doctor" while also working full time at Chicago's most prominent hospital. Forsythe plays her mafia employer.
Kinney will shift from playing a cop on CBS' short-lived procedural NYC 22 to playing the shady half of the Amaro brothers, who rival The Godfather's Corleone family. Kinney's Salvatore is described as more of the Sonny type -- the hothead of the family who embraces its less-than-legal dealings.
Casting is underway for Salvatore's brother, Titus -- the anti-mafia half of the siblings.
Kinney, whose credits also include Being Human and The Good Wife, is repped by ICM Partners and Brookside Artist Management.
The Mob Doctor premieres at 9 p.m. Monday, Sept. 17.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack