'Modern Family' Actress Joins Fox's Andy Samberg Cop Comedy (Exclusive)
Stephanie Beatriz has nabbed the female co-lead in the single-camera comedy from "Parks and Recreation's" Dan Goor and Mike Schur.
Fox's Andy Samberg comedy has found its second leading lady.
Stephanie Beatriz, who most recently played Sofia Vergara's sister on Modern Family, has joined the cast of the cop comedy from Parks and Recreation's Dan Goor and Mike Schur, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
In the comedy about a diverse group of detectives at a New York precinct, Beatriz will play Meghan, a sexy and frightening police officer who is tough, opinionated and unpredictable and scares the other cops as much as she does the criminals.
Saturday Night Live alum Samberg will play the station's top cop in the untitled comedy, with One Life to Live alum Melissa Fumero nabbing the co-starring role as Amy, a smart cop and former middle-school teacher. Newsroom's Terry Crews co-stars.
In addition to her recent Modern Family gig, Beatriz's credits include The Closer and the ABC comedy pilot The Smart One last season. She's repped by Buchwald Fortitude and attorney Mark Temple.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR