'Modern Family' Recruits Billy Dee Williams, Sets Nathan Lane's Return
The "Star Wars" alum will guest star in the ABC comedy's "New Year's Eve" episode.
The Force is coming to Modern Family.
Star Wars alum Billy Dee Williams has booked a guest spot on the ABC comedy, which also has secured Nathan Lane to reprise his role in an upcoming episode.
Williams, who played Lando Calrissian in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, will play himself in the 13th episode of the season, titled "New Year's Eve." During the episode, Jay (Ed O'Neill) takes the family to Palm Springs to celebrate New Year's Eve together and meets Williams over a game of cards.
In addition to Star Wars, Williams' recent small-screen work includes guest spots on NCIS, White Collar and Private Practice. He's repped by Talent Works and Kramer Management.
Meanwhile, Lane will reprise his role as Mitch and Cam's flamboyant friend Pepper Saltzman in the following episode, marking his third appearance on the Emmy-winning comedy from Steve Levitan and Chris Lloyd.
Lane most recently has been recurring on CBS' The Good Wife. He's repped by ICM Partners and Anonymous Content.
Modern Family airs at 9 p.m. Wednesdays on ABC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR