'Modern Family' Books Aisha Tyler for Guest Spot
The "Talk" panelist and "Archer" actress heads to the ABC comedy in a winter episode, where she'll play an old friend of Mitchell's (Jesse Tyler Ferguson).
Aisha Tyler is taking her moonlighting to Modern Family. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that The Talk panelist is set to appear on the ABC comedy during the current fifth season.
Tyler, whose vocal work is currently showcased on FX's Archer (back Jan. 13), will play Wendy in the 16th episode, "Spring-a-Ding-Fling." Wendy is an old law school classmate of Mitchell's (Jesse Tyler Ferguson), but their friendship takes an interesting turn when she becomes his boss. Mitchell reports to Wendy at the legal aid society she founded.
The two will shoot their scenes together later this week. She joins the roster of season-five guests that already includes Adam DeVine, Jane Krakowski, Jesse Eisenberg, John Benjamin Hickey and Nathan Lane.
In addition to The Talk and Archer, Tyler also is the host of The CW's rebooted Whose Line Is It Anyway?, which was renewed for a second season last year. She has a role in Ryan Murphy's HBO pilot, Open (like Modern Family, also from 20th Century Fox TV), and last summer she published the book Self-Inflicted Wounds: Heartwarming Tales of Epic Humiliation.
She is repped by UTA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR