'Modern Family' Books Tony Winner Matthew Broderick
He'll play a friend of Ty Burrell's Phil in an upcoming episode of the ABC comedy's fourth season.
Matthew Broderick is joining the family.
The Ferris Bueller's Day Off star will appear in an upcoming episode on Modern Family's fourth season, ABC announced Friday.
The Tony winner (The Producers) will play a neurotic new friend to Phil (Ty Burrell) on the series, which has already enlisted Bridesmaids' Wendi McLendon-Covey and the return of Shelley Long as Jay's ex for season four.
Broderick most recently appeared as himself in a 2010 episode of FX's Louie. His small-screen work includes a voice role in an episode of the animated Adventure Time, and episodes of 30 Rock and Frasier.
Broderick's wife, Sarah Jessica Parker, is also returning to the small screen with a multiple-episode arc on Glee -- which, like Modern Family, hails from 20th Television -- beginning next week.
Modern Family returns Sept. 26 at 9 p.m. on ABC. An airdate for Broderick's episode has yet to be determined.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR