'Modern Family' Books 'The League's' Paul Scheer (Exclusive)
Scheer will guest star as a manager at Costco in an upcoming episode of the 20th TV-produced comedy.
Paul Scheer is heading to Modern Family.
The League star is set to guest star on an upcoming episode of the ABC hit's fourth season. He'll play a manager at Costco, who interacts with both Claire (Julie Bowen) and Gloria (Sofia Vergara). Thus far this season, Modern has enlisted Matthew Broderick, Bridesmaids' Wendi McLendon-Coven and the return of Shelley Long as Jay's ex.
The gig comes as Scheer's resume continues to expand. His long-running FX fantasy football comedy, The League, returns for its fourth season Thursday, while his Adult Swim procedural parody NTSF:SD:SUV was recently renewed for a third. In addition to creator, he serves as executive producer, director, writer and star of the latter.
Over on the big screen, Scheer will next appear in horror comedy Hell Baby, about expecting parents (played by Leslie Bibb and Rob Corddry) who move into a haunted house in New Orleans, prompting them to request help from a Vatican exorcism team.
Scheer, whose Modern airdate had yet to be determined, is repped by UTA and Principato-Young.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Lars's Real Girl: Charlotte Gainsbourg on Fame, Nymphomaniac, and Working With von Trier
- Edelstein on Le Week-End: Unbelievably Marvelous, in Light of Its Depressing Trajectory
- Ebiri: If Need for Speed Were a Silent Movie, It Would Be the Most Amazing Racing Movie Ever
- A&E Pulls Chloë Sevingy's Those Who Kill