'Modern Family' Ratings Climb 4.5 Million with DVR Audience, Tops All Other Series
At the beginning of its third season, the ABC comedy has the highest average DVR audience.
In the first month of its third season, ABC's Modern Family has enjoyed some of its best ratings, hovering between 13 and 14 million total viewers. Add the audience watching it on a delay and the show jumps past 18 million.
Nielsen Co. has released DVR ratings for the first two weeks of the fall seasons, and Modern Family enjoyed the strongest additional audience with 4.5 million.
It bested all other primetime series, sitting atop Hawaii Five-0, Two and a Half Men, The Mentalist and NCIS, which round out the top 5. All in all, 8 series push past the 3 million mark.
The only freshman series in the top 10, Fox's big budget Terra Nova, rakes in an extra 3 million viewers
with the DVR audience.
Speaking in percentages, the modestly performing Fringe enjoyed the healthiest boost. It grew 52.8 percent in viewers, from 3.05 million to 4.65 million.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera