'Modern Family' Replaces Baby Lily With New Child Actor, Aubrey Anderson-Emmons
The 4-year-old replaces twins Jaden and Ella Hiller, who alternately played the role for two seasons.
Kids, they grow up so fast these days. That’s especially true on television. Case in point: ABC’s Modern Family just announced the four-year-old actress who will be playing Lily in Season 3.
An ABC spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Aubrey Anderson-Emmons will take over the role when the sitcom returns on Sept. 21, as first reported by EW, which has the first look photo. She will replace twins Jaden and Ella Hiller, who alternately played the role for the last two seasons.
“The first day I met her, she was kind of hiding behind her mom’s leg and I brought out my iPad and started playing with it and she comes out and she’s like [gasp] and started playing with it," says Nolan Gould, who plays Luke Dunphy. "It was really cute. I haven’t worked with her yet. But she is really happy. She says lines. She does everything. She’s really cute.”
Show creator Steven Levitan announced in May that he was looking to replace the twins, because he felt they wanted to do other things and the decision was “what’s best for them.”
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR