MSNBC Airs Obama Phone Call to Prop 8 Plaintiffs (Video)
After the Supreme Court addressed the case, the president weighed in from Air Force One.
MSNBC aired a live phone call from President Obama congratulating the plaintiffs involved in the Prop 8 case after the Supreme Court ruling on Wednesday.
During the network's coverage, a cell phone was handed to Sandy Stier and Kris Perry, who received a call from the president as he was aboard Air Force One.
"So you should be very proud today," the president said in the call. "And, you know, you're -- through your courage, you’ve helped out a lot of people everywhere."
The president also issued a statement in response to the Supreme Court's decision: "The laws of our land are catching up to the fundamental truth that millions of Americans hold in our hearts: When all Americans are treated as equal, no matter who they are or whom they love, we are all more free."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR