MTV Announces 'Inbetweeners' Premiere Date
Based on the British series, the half-hour scripted comedy will debut in August.
MTV has announced the premiere date for new comedy The Inbetweeners.
The half-hour scripted comedy, which follows four teenagers as they try to navigate high school and into adulthood, will launch Monday, Aug. 20 at 10:30 p.m. following the premiere of Rob Dyrdek's Ridiculousness.
Based on the British series of the same name, Inbetweeners stars Joey Pollari, Bubba Lewis, Zack Pearlman, Mark L. Young and Alex Frnka. The pilot was directed by Taika Waititi (Flight of the Conchords).
At a Paley event on Thursday evening, Pollari spoke to The Hollywood Reporter about his character Will McKenzie.
"He's moving from a private school to a public school, and finds out that the only three guys who will hang out with him are these fools (Simon, Jay and Neil)," he says. "They bond together to try and get girls and try to get each other out of the way as soon as a girl gets into the picture. It's a lot like the real high school experience. That's certainly what I went through."
Executive producers include Brad Copeland (Arrested Development) and Aaron Kaplan, as well as creators of the original series Damon Beesley and Iain Morris.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10