MTV's Awkward Posts Double Digit Growth With 2.2 Million Premiere
The comedy kicks off its sophomore run with a 29 percent bump over the 2011 debut, topping the second outing of "Snooki and JWoww."
MTV's Awkward scored some pretty comfortable numbers during its second season premiere on Thursday night.
The series brought in 2.2 million viewers and a 2.2 rating among the targeted group of people 12-34. Those numbers are on par with last year's September finale, and both mark a 29 percent growth from the 2011 series premiere.
With subsequent encores, the episode drew a gross of 3.8 million viewers -- and scored its best ever showing among teenage females.
Prior to the 10:30 episode, MTV aired the second outing of Jersey Shore spin-off Snooki and JWoww to somewhat smaller numbers than last week's premiere.
A new Snooki and JWoww slipped just 350,000 viewers for a haul of 2.05 million.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR