MTV Movie Awards: Aerosmith to Present Johnny Depp With the Generation Award and 5 Other Reasons to Tune-In
From an exclusive “Dark Knight Rises” sneak peek to an on-stage strip tease, THR has an inside look at what to expect during the June 3 ceremony.
It’s not just about who takes home the golden popcorn at the MTV Movie Awards.
The annual ceremony has become one of the most buzzworthy events in pop culture, and this year should prove no different. With many of summer’s hottest stars already on tap to present, the network has now set its sights on making the event a night to remember.
The Hollywood Reporter has the inside scoop on several cant-miss moments on schedule, including a never-before-seen Dark Knight Rises clip -- which will not be seen again until the film hits theaters -- and a live strip-show from the cast of Magic Mike. Plus, Johnny Depp will receive the coveted Generation Award from none other than legendary rockers Aerosmith. Have we piqued your interest yet?
Russell Brand will host the June 3 festivities, airing live at 9 p.m. ET/PT from Universal City’s Gibson Amphitheatre. Immediately following the broadcast, MTV will debut the second season of their hit drama, Teen Wolf.
Below, find six inside details of what to expect from the show.
Man Candy: Will Channing Tatum and Matthew McConoughey strip on stage? (We can tell you, off the record, that the answer is 'yes').
The Dark Knight Rises One Night Only: The exclusive clip of The Dark Knight Rises will only be shown on MTV and will not be available online after the show -- legally, at least. Tune-in on Sunday or you’ll miss it!
Old School Meets New School: Aerosmith bandmates Steven Tyler and Joe Perry will present Johnny Depp with the Generation Award, which will be followed by a special performance by The Black Keys.
Fanboys Rejoice: Prometheus and Spider-Man fans will get over-the-top in-show entrances by their leading actors – Charlize Theron and Michael Fassbender, Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield respectively.
That's a Lot of Popcorn: On one side of the stage set, presenters will emerge from a 14-foot-high giant spinning popcorn with a backdrop of a 64-foot by 36-foot screen that will roll up and down to reveal the main stage.
Emma Stone is a Trailblazer: Emma Stone will receive the first-ever MTV Trailblazer award with a good old roasting from the likes of Octavia Spencer, Jim Carrey, Mila Kunis and Jason Sudeikis.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@thr.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack