Aubrey Plaza Awkwardly Interrupts Will Ferrell's Speech at MTV Movie Awards (Video)
Then she gets kicked out of the ceremony.
When Kanye West crashed Taylor Swift's VMAs speech, everyone booed him offstage as Swift struggled to keep it together; when Aubrey Plaza pulled the same stunt with Will Ferrell at the MTV Movie Awards, the Anchorman star asked, "Are you OK?"
While Ferrell was accepting his Comedic Genius Award on Sunday, Plaza -- best known as the droll and deadpan April on NBC's Parks and Recreation -- rushed the stage and attempted to wrest the trophy from his grip.
"What's happening? Are you OK?" said Ferrell, seemingly caught off guard. Plaza responded in a word ("yup") and returned to her seat in the front row, displaying this Twitter hashtag scrawled in black marker underneath her collarbone: #TheToDoList, an obvious bit of marketing for her upcoming comedy, The To Do List, arriving in August.
"Aubrey Plaza everyone, just like we rehearsed it," said Ferrell, his sarcastic tone of voice implying that perhaps he hadn't expected Plaza to pull a Kanye.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR