MTV Offering Sneak Peek of 'I Just Want My Pants Back' After VMAs
Wavves will be the guest composer for the first season of the scripted comedy series.
MTV is offering a sneak peek of its new comedy series, I Just Want My Pants Back.
Following this Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards, which will have a rich lead-in with Jersey Shore, the network will air the pilot episode at 11 p.m. Additionally, Wavves has been tapped as the series' guest composer for the entirety of the first season. Their song, "I Wanna Meet Dave Grohl," will make its world premiere in the pilot.
As a guest composer, the group will have 20 original compositions featured in the upcoming comedy and songs from its Life Sux EP.
I Just Want My Pants Back, based on the book by David J. Rosen, centers on Jason Strider (Peter Vack), who dreams of being a music journalist with no idea of how to get there. The series co-stars Kim Shaw, Jordan Carlos, Sunkrish Bala and Elisabeth Hower, with Chris Parnell guest starring.
The series, officially debuting in January 2012, is executive produced by Rosen and Doug Liman, who directed the pilot. David Bartis also serves as an EP, with Gene Klein as co-EP.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws