MTV Orders Third Version of 'Teen Mom'
"Teen Mom 3" will likely feature four girls from the upcoming fourth edition of "16 and Pregnant."
As it readies the fourth season of unscripted series 16 and Pregnant, the reality franchise is continuing to deliver for MTV, with the network giving series orders to Teen Mom 3.
The network on Monday announced that it has ordered a third version of from the Teen Mom franchise, itself a spinoff of 16 and Pregnant.
Season four of 16 and Pregnant will bow March 27 with back-to-back episodes, with Teen Mom 3 likely to feature four teens from the upcoming edition.
16 and Pregnant has proven a valuable commodity for the youth-skewing cable network, with the original Teen Mom spinoff set to return for its fourth season in the summer. Teen Mom 2, meanwhile, recently completed its second season and will air a reunion special on Tuesday at 10 p.m.
Season three of 16 and Pregnant averaged 2 million viewers per episode, up 17 percent compared with its freshman run. Last year, the series ranked No. 1 in its time slot among viewers 12-34 and women 12-34 across all of cable.
Teen Mom 2's second season premiere was the franchise's most-watched opener in its young history (that includes Teen Mom), drawing 4.2 million total viewers for the cable network. In the persons 12-34 demographic, Teen Mom 2 drew a 4.1 rating and in the adults 18-49 demo, the premiere posted a 2.4.
An air date for Teen Mom 3 has yet to be determined.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR