MTV Renews Ke$ha Reality Show, Announces Miley Cyrus Doc
The cable network confirmed a sophomore run for "My Crazy Beautiful Life" at Friday's TCA, also revealing plans for a similar unscripted project about the "We Can't Stop" singer.
Ke$ha will continue to document her Crazy Beautiful Life. MTV announced Friday that it has picked up a second season of the six-part reality series that premiered earlier this year, simultaneously revealing that the cable network has similar plans for Miley Cyrus.
Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life launched in April as a late-night entry for the network, running at 11 p.m. The first season, shot over the course of two years, was filmed by the singer's filmmaker brother, Lagan Sebert.
MTV programming president Susanne Daniels, announcing the news at the Television Critics Association press tour, also cued up a clip of the singer teasing the events of the second season -- which included several enthusiastic screams and the promise of onscreen introductions to her "boyfriends."
Cyrus' entry, on the other hand, will be a feature. The hourlong special will follow Cyrus as she preps her new album and delve into the young singer's transformation from what Daniels described as "Disney princess" to what she is today -- a fashion and pop icon.
The Cyrus vehicle will air in the fall and become the latest doc on MTV's roster, joining previous efforts featuring Drake and Demi Lovato, among others.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR