The Munsters Come to Life in 'Mockingbird Lane' Promo (Video)
The first promo for Bryan Fuller's "Munsters" reboot features a computer-powered Herman and a Lily made of spiders.
That didn't take long. Just days after NBC confirmed it would air Bryan Fuller's Munsters reboot Mockingbird Lane as a Halloween special, the network has released the first promo.
As would be expected from the creator of Pushing Daisies, the 30-second promo is very high-concept, featuring a Lily (Arrested Development's Portia de Rossi) made of spiders and a computer-powered Herman (Crossing Jordan's Jerry O'Connell) stitched together by a fanged Grandpa Munster (The Riches' Eddie Izzard).
Rather than pick Mockingbird Lane, described as a reimagining of the 1960s CBS comedy, NBC has opted to air the hourlong pilot on Oct. 26 at 8 p.m.
As THR has detailed, Mockingbird Lane has endured a long, tortured history at NBC, and the network was considering whether to scrap the project altogether. The reboot was originally launched before current chairman Bob Greenblatt came on board in early 2011, but Greenblatt redeveloped it extensively.
Check out the promo, below, and hit the comments with whether or not you'd have watched 13 episodes of the family drama with a monstrous edge.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR