'My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding' Preview: What a Girl Wants (Exclusive Video)
For the subjects of the new TLC series, the sexual learning curve for girls speeds up after marriage.
It took several months for the production team behind TLC’s new series, My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding, to find the American versions of its British subjects. But once they did, they discovered that they weren’t all that different from their UK counterparts -- particularly when it came to their sexual lives.
“The biggest similarity between the gypsies in England and America is the morality, particularly with the girls,” executive producer David Herman of Firecracker Films tells The Hollywood Reporter. “They are always separate from the boys. They’re always chaperoned. And that’s part of why they get married with the big dresses and everything as soon as they can at 16 or 17, I think.”
“It’s a common thing for closed, protected communities,” he later adds. “In the first episode, the mother says, ‘I won’t tell my daughter about sex. She needs to learn the hard way like I did.’ It’s amazing.”
Watch THR’s preview above for some insights into what both the gypsy girls and boys want.
My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding premieres Sunday at 10 p.m. on TLC.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack