'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding': That Girl's Dress Is Just Too Big (Exclusive Video)
On Friday's episode of the TLC series, an eight-year-old Traveller and her family have a couple reasons to make sure she and her gown get through the day.
Despite the title, TLC’s My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding isn’t just about exposing nomadic Gypsies and Travellers for their outrageous marriage customs. The series also features the over-the-top celebrations of its little girls’ first holy communion – which can look like a rehearsal for when they walk down the aisle later in life.
On Friday’s episode, we’ll meet eight-year-old Chloe. She’s prepared to take the next step in her relationship with the guy upstairs. Thelma Madine, the Travellers’ preferred dress designer, has really gone all out with making Chloe’s dress as large and poufy as possible.
And while it will take an army to push that girl into the car and get her to the church, everyone is going to try to make sure it goes off without a hitch. Why? It’s also Father’s Day, but Chloe’s dad won’t be able to make it to the event. He’s serving a nine-month sentence for reckless driving. After the ceremony, Chloe will head over to the prison to visit him -- still wearing the dress.
So what may seem to most people like a terribly garish gown for a young girls' first communion will not only be the highlight of the event for Chloe, but it will probably make her dad’s day too.
Watch THR’s sneak peek above.
My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding airs Fridays at 10 p.m. on TLC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack