ABC's 'Nashville' Books Wyclef Jean for Recurring Role
He'll play the head of a music label on the freshman drama starring Connie Britton.
ABC's Nashville is adding to its musical pedigree.
The freshman drama has booked Wyclef Jean for a multiple-episode role, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Nashville stars Connie Britton as Rayna Jaymes, an aging country music superstar who's asked to team with a young starlet in Juliette Barnes (Heroes' Hayden Panettiere) when her record fails to catch on as the new label owners had hoped.
The rapper, singer, politician and record producer will stick closely to what he knows best and play the head of a music label.
Jean announced the casting via Twitter, posting a photo (seen above) of himself with what he called the hottest cast on TV, featuring co-stars Sam Palladio (Gunnar), Clare Bowen (Scarlett) and Jonathan Jackson (Avery) and Rya Kihlstedt.
For Jean, the casting marks his latest on-screen role following Third Watch in addition to work on soundtracks for Glee and 30 Rock. He's repped by CAA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR