Showrunner Shakeup on ABC's Musical Drama 'Nashville'
"Boss" EP Dee Johnson has boarded the Connie Britton entry, inking an overall deal with ABC Studios and Lionsgate TV.
ABC drama Nashville is making a change at the top.
Boss' Dee Johnson has boarded the musical drama as showrunner, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Johnson, who runs Starz's Kelsey Grammer political drama Boss, replaces Jim Parriott in the role and will serve as an exec producer alongside creator Callie Khouri, R.J. Cutler and Steve Buchanan.
In addition, Johnson has inked an overall deal with Nashville studios Lionsgate TV and ABC Studios.
The Nashville gig is in second position to Lionsgate's Boss, which she would continue to run should Starz renew the critical darling but ratings underperformer for a third season.
Nashville, which has already garnered critical buzz ahead of its Oct. 10 premiere, stars Friday Night Lights' Connie Britton as a fading country singer who is tasked with touring with a young starlet, played by Heroes alum Hayden Panettiere.
Johnson's credits include The Good Wife, ER and Southland.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Aaron Paul 'Can't Wait' to Have Kids with Lauren Parsekian, Hopes They're Mini Versions of His Wife!
- Milo Ventimiglia & His 'Visitors' Cast Are Excited to Start Filming!
- Andrew Garfield & Emma Stone Show Us How to Really Kiss with Passion On and Off-Screen!
- Hilary Duff Just Can't Get Enough of La Conversation!