'American Pie's' Natasha Lyonne to Star in Fox Comedy
"Rules of Engagement" and "Mr. Sunshine" duo Alex Barnow and Marc Firek will write and executive produce the project.
American Pie's Natasha Lyonne is heading back to the small screen.
The actress, who guest starred on the series finale of Showtime's Weeds, will star in a single-camera comedy at Fox loosely based on her life, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The untitled comedy revolves around Stella (Lyonne), who is fresh out of rehab and committed to starting a new life as a sober, responsible adult and is forced to move in with her conservative brother and young family.
Rules of Engagement and Mr. Sunshine duo Alex Barnow and Marc Firek will write and executive produce the project, which has received a script commitment at the network. Lyonne will star and produce the 3 Arts Entertainment effort in association with Sony Pictures Television.
The comedy is the latest in a string of semi-autobiographical vehicles to be set up this development season, joining entries from Private Practice's Kate Walsh, Community's Donald Glover and Rachel Zoe, among others.
Lyonne had a spate of legal troubles, including being arrested for DUI in 2001; she plead guilty to drunk driving and was placed on probation and had her license suspended. She also has took part in a court-ordered drug program.
Lyonne next appears in Netflix's Jenji Kohan series Orange is the New Black. She's repped by APA, 3 Arts Entertainment and Schreck Rose.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR