National Geo's 'Going Deep' Looks at Ancient Ice (Exclusive Video)
The new series premieres Monday at 10 p.m. ET.
Why exactly does Arctic ice look so pure?
The new National Geographic Channel series Going Deep With David Rees tackles that question in the video above, which shows host David Rees looking at ice older than the human race.
Going Deep seeks out experts in diverse (and unusual) fields to teach viewers how to do things they know how to do — but better. Other things tackled in the show include tying a perfectly symmetrical shoelace knot and going inside the head of a housefly to learn how to kill it.
The series premieres Monday at 10 p.m. ET.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)