NBA Finals' Game 5 Viewership Rises to 18.5 Million
Official numbers for Thursday's series-ender between the Miami Heat and the Oklahoma City Thunder also match the network's best showing of the year among adults 18-49.
ABC solidified this morning's touting of the best five-game NBA Finals ratings since 2004, with official numbers now in for the series-ending game five between the Miami Heat and the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Last night's broadcast brought in an average 18.5 million viewers and a 7.6 rating among adults 18-49, easily trouncing its competition for the fifth time since the series began.
Among both viewers and adults 18-49, it also marked ABC's strongest Thursday since 2010 when the Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics played game seven. In the demo, it ties ABC's highest adults 18-49 rating of 2012, matching February's Academy Awards.
The series ranks as the second highest rated for ABC since the network first started carriage in 2003.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR