NBC Airs Kris Jenner Interview Over 9/11 Memorial Ceremony on 'Today' Show
Even as CBS and ABC cut into their morning programming, the Peacock kept airing a discussion with the Kardashian matriarch.
NBC's difficult summer is bleeding into the fall.
The network, which took criticism for its Today show anchor transition and Olympics coverage, was the only one of the Big Three broadcast networks with morning shows to not air a moment of silence to mark the anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. ABC's Good Morning America and CBS This Morning broke away to go live to the 9/11 Memorial in Manhattan.
NBC, however, kept running an interview with reality star Kris Jenner, who spent much of the time talking about her recent breast augmentation.
The network has come under heavy fire for the non-move and issued a statement to Politico, saying, "The Today show dedicated a considerable amount of time to September 11th coverage this morning throughout the entire show."
NBC also points out that it aired during its West Coast broadcast.
On MSNBC, the network carried the Today show broadcast from Sept. 11, 2001, a scattered document of history unfolding live.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR