NBC Adds Texas Church Drama Pilot From EP David Janollari
"Deception's" Liz Heldens penned the script for the Universal Television entry, marking the first pilot under Janollari's overall deal.
Former MTV head of programming David Janollari's first season back as a producer has already borne fruit.
The Universal Television-based Janollari has landed his first pilot order under his three-year overall deal with the studio, with NBC picking up Texas church hour Salvation.
The entry is described as a provocative drama set against the backdrop of a prominent Texas church where faith, family and corruption are explored in equal measure. The pilot centers on Jennifer Strickland, who has to defend her children, church and religious beliefs after her husband dies under mysterious circumstances.
Salvation hails from writer Liz Heldens and brings the showrunner back into the NBC fold after her freshman entries Deception and summer dramedy Camp were canceled after one season at the network last year. She'll executive produce the hour alongside Janollari.
Salvation marked one of multiple script sales Janollari had this season. The pilot will also bring him back into the NBC fold, where his former producing partner Bob Greenblatt serves as entertainment chairman.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game