'Chuck' Preview: It Takes Rebecca Romijn to Do a Man's Job (Video)
The series co-creator reveals that the former supermodel's guest role wasn't originally intended for a woman.
Rebecca Romijn’s supermodel stature made her perfect for playing a transgender character, Alexis on ABC’s Ugly Betty. But on Friday’s Chuck, the guest star actually took the job that was first envisioned by the producers as a man.
"We created a character originally that was just going to be a man, sort of an ominous, scary figure who has a penchant for torture, which he considers his art form," Chuck co-creator Chris Fedak tells TVGuide.com about Romijn’s role.
"But then we started thinking about it, we were like, 'What if Rebecca Romijn was this guy? That would be scary and sexy.' "
Indeed, we trust that it will be. Speaking of sexy (shirtless Awesome!), Chuck’s (Zachary Levi) sister, Ellie (Sarah Lancaster) and hubby, Devon aka Awesome (Ryan McPartlin), toy with a night of spying themselves.
Watch a couple previews from Friday’s episode below.
Chuck airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on NBC.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR