NBC Orders 'What If' Drama From 'Cougar Town' Producer
The network has given pilot orders to "Beautiful People," an ensemble project from Michael McDonald.
NBC is taking a step into the future with Beautiful People.
The network has given a pilot order to the hourlong "what if" drama from Cougar Town consulting producer/director Michael McDonald set 10 minutes in the future.
From Universal Television and ABC Studios, Beautiful People is described as an imaginative and thematically rich ensemble "what if" drama set 10 minutes in the future where families of mechanical human beings exist to service the human population -- until some of the mechanicals begin to "awaken."
The "low tech, high drama" project would mark a return of sorts to the network for McDonald, who directed and appeared in a handful of episodes of Scrubs.
In addition to Cougar Town and Scrubs, McDonald's credits include MadTV and Web Therapy.
He's repped by 3 Arts Entertainment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- 'True Detective' Deleted Scene: Rust and Lori Break Up
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Crushes Things In A Giant Tank For A Good Cause
- 'Of Many' Film Produced By Chelsea Clinton To Premier At Tribeca Film Festival, Featuring Muslim-Jewish Relations
- The 'High School Musical' Song Ranking You've Been Waiting For