NBC Readies Revived 'Fear Factor' for December Premiere
Once again hosted by Joe Rogan, the competition will air Mondays following the Dec. 5 finale of "The Sing Off."
Start stockpiling your hissing cockroaches. NBC has announced that the new iteration of Fear Factor will premiere Dec. 12.
The competition steps into the Sing Off timeslot following its Dec. 5 season finale, airing Mondays, 8-10:00 p.m., as first reported by EW. The eight-episode run marks the first new Fear Factor outing since 2006.
"We have taken the groundbreaking 'Fear Factor' franchise that many fans remember fondly and have ramped it up to make it even more challenging and competitive than ever before," said NBC president of alternative and late night programming Paul Telegdy. "Once again, the contestants will have to face their ultimate fears to prevail -- and the tension and drama of that process will make for some riveting television."
Reprising his role on the original, comedian Joe Rogan will host and oversee as four teams of two each compete for a $50,000 prize in each episode.
The network also boasts that "advancements in technology" during the long hiatus have afforded the series new stunts, with foreboding names like "Towering Inferno" and "Helicopter TNT Crash."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR