NBC Unveils Promo for Jimmy Fallon's 'Tonight Show' (Video)
The teaser features an archive clip tour of the late night show's prior hosts.
A little over a month before Jimmy Fallon begins hosting The Tonight Show, NBC has released a teaser for the new version of the late night staple.
The clip features an archive clip tour of the late night show's prior hosts (including a brief shot of short-lived Tonight host Conan O'Brien) and a narration pledging a "new era" when Fallon takes the reins from Jay Leno on Feb. 17.
For Leno, this will be his second time transitioning away from The Tonight Show. Leno briefly ceded the coveted hosting gig to Conan O'Brien in 2009 only to be reinstated by the network in March 2010. O'Brien, who took a $45 million payout from the network upon his exit, now hosts Conan on TBS.
In mid-December, NBC unveiled a new logo for the Fallon-hosted version of Tonight, which will be moving from Burbank to New York. NBC officially named Fallon the next host of the show last April. Saturday Night Live alum Seth Meyers will take over as host of Late Night on Feb. 24.
On Sunday, the network will air a two-hour retrospective special entitled, The Best of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche