NBC's 'The Office' Drops Double Digits Week After Steve Carell's Exit
"American Idol" powers Fox to Thursday win.
The week after Steve Carell made his exit on The Office, ratings dropped 17 percent, landing NBC in fourth place in the key 18-49 demo.
Fox was No. 1 in the demo (4.7) with American Idol, up 7 percent from Wednesday's show and up 6 percent in total viewers (20.8 million vs. 19.6 million). Bones was up 18 percent (3.3, 11.1 million).
CBS came in second place with a 2.5 rating. Big Bang Theory (3.1, 10.3 million) was down 6 percent from last week, Rules of Engagement was down 4 percent (2.2, 7.7 million), CSI rated a 2.2 (10.5 million), down 8 percent, and The Mentalist was flat at 2.6 (13.6 million).
ABC was in third place with a 2.4 rating. Wipeout was down 26 percent, a series low (1.4, 4.8 million), Grey's Anatomy was down 5 percent (3.5, 9.9 million) and Private Practice was up 5 percent (2.3, 6.9 million).
A new episode of Community on NBC rated 1.4 (3.5 million), followed by a rerun of The Office's first episode featuring Will Ferrell, which rated 1.1 (2.7 million). The new episode of The Office rated 3.5, with 6.8 million viewers tuning in. Parks and Recreation was up 13 percent (2.6, 5.1 million) and the season finale of 30 Rock was up 11 percent (2.1, 4.2 million). Outsourced was down 12 percent (1.5, 3.1 million).
Univision came in fifth spot with a 1.4 rating, the CW was behind it with a 1.0 and Telemundo came in last with a .7.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack