NBC's 'Sound of Music' Gets New Trailer With Carrie Underwood (Video)
The 30-second spot will debut during Thursday's episode of "The Voice."
Less than a month before the live production of The Sound of Music hits the small screen, NBC has released a new promo touting Carrie Underwood as Maria von Trapp.
Debuting during Thursday's episode of The Voice, the 30-second spot focuses on the former American Idol winner in the lead role, showing off her pipes as she belts out classics from the Rodgers & Hammerstein musical. The trailer will also air during Parenthood.
Footage of The Sound of Music rehearsals, including Stephen Moyer, Audra McDonald, Christian Borle, Laura Benanti and the young actors cast as the von Trapp children, is highlighted.
Based on the trailer, rehearsals are going swimmingly and everyone is having a grand old time.
Watch the preview below.
The Sound of Music airs live Dec. 5 on NBC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR