NBC's Three-Hour 'Celebrity Apprentice' Down 23%
CBS' "The Amazing Race" finale dips, but ABC's "Brothers & Sisters" season ender gets a double-digit boost.
A supersized edition of Donald Trump’s competition series Celebrity Apprentice spanned three hours, going head-to-head against the rest of primetime on Sunday.
But, NBC’s three-hour telecast — which saw Star Jones and LaToya Jackson fired and NeNe Leakes quitting -- didn’t fare so well: Celebrity Apprentice (7 million total viewers, 2.4 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic) was the lowest-rated spring telecast for the franchise, dipping 23 percent. Dateline (3.9 million, 0.8) served as a weak lead-in, down 33 percent. The Peacock placed fourth for the night in the key demo.
CBS won the night with 60 Minutes (13.8 million, 2.3) surging 43 percent, thanks to President Obama’s only televised interview about Osama bin Laden’s death. The two-hour finale of The Amazing Race (8.6 million, 2.5) was the lowest-rated in franchise history. CSI: Miami (9.7 million, 2.0), however, ended its season with a double-digit uptick, but still was one of the series’ lowest-rated episodes.
ABC’s block was flat or down, with the exception of aging family drama Brothers & Sisters (7.2 million, 2.0), which saw impressive boosts of 25 percent in 18-49 and 26 percent in viewers for its Season 5 finale. America’s Funniest Home Videos (6.4 million, 1.7) and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (8 million, 2.1) were both down, while Desperate Housewives (9.7 million, 2.8) remained steady.
Fox ranked No. 1 among adults 18-34 and No. 2 in the key demo with its animation block: American Dad (3.3 million, 1.5), The Simpsons (5.5 million, 2.5) and The Cleveland Show (4.8 million, 2.2) were all down slightly, while Bob’s Burgers (4.2 million, 2.0) and Family Guy (6.5 million, 3.2) ticked up. ABC and Fox tied for second on the night.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)