'JAG' Alum Set as Female Lead in CBS' 'NCIS' New Orleans Spinoff
Zoe McLellan will play a special agent alongside Scott Bakula in the two-hour backdoor pilot.
CBS' NCIS spinoff set in New Orleans has found its female lead.
JAG alum Zoe McLellan will play Special Agent Brody, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The character is described as a Midwestern transplant and the show's fish-out-of-water. Brody arrives in New Orleans looking for a fresh start and a safe haven to heal old wounds.
Set to air in the spring, the two-part planted pilot centers on the NCIS New Orleans office, which handles cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle. New Orleans, with its rich setting of music, fun and debauchery is a magnet for military personnel on leave -- and with fun comes trouble.
NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg and star Mark Harmon will executive produce the spinoff. Looking's Scott Bakula will star as Special Agent Pride.
For her part, McLellan, whose credits include Dirty Sexy Money, played Jennifer Coates on seasons seven through 10 of JAG; NCIS started as a backdoor pilot from that offshoot of the CBS drama. The actress is repped by Domain.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)