'Necessary Roughness' Adds Assistant for Callie Thorne
Karissa Lee Staples, who starred in the Canadian sitcom "What's Up Warthogs!" will join the USA Network series as a regular for its third season.
USA's Necessary Roughness is giving Callie Thorne's Dani some support.
The drama has added Karissa Lee Staples as a series regular for its upcoming third season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Staples, best known for starring in the Canadian sitcom What's Up Warthogs! will play Paloma, the assistant to Thorne's Dr. Dani Santino. The character, described as equal parts charming and ambitious, joins the series as a woman transitioning from sorority president to high-power businesswoman who is determined to help Dani run her practice -- whether she wants the help or not. However, the motivated assistant has an agenda of her own.
For Staples, repped by APA and Intellectual Artists Management, the role marks her first U.S. series regular gig after a 2010 guest turn on The CW's 90210. She joins a cast that also includes new players John Stamos and Once Upon a Time's David Anders, who will both have major recurring roles when Necessary Roughness returns in the summer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR