'Necessary Roughness' Enlists Former NFL Star Quarterback (Exclusive)
Former Washington Redskins player Joe Theismann is making a cameo in the 16th episode.
Ready for some football?
Necessary Roughness is recruiting the help of Super Bowl winner and two-time Pro Bowler Joe Theismann, the Washington Redskins' former star quarterback, for a cameo, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively. He will play himself.
In the 16th episode of season two airing this winter, Theismann expresses interest in getting involved in the management side of the New York Hawks football team.
Theismann, who played for the Redskins from 1974-85 after a stint in the Canadian Football League, filmed the guest spot Monday on the Atlanta set. In Super Bowl XVII in 1983, he led the Redskins over the Miami Dolphins with a 27-17 victory.
He wouldn't be the first NFL star to drop by Necessary Roughness, but the first to play himself. Terrell Owens filmed a handful of episodes as TK's (Mehcad Brooks) main rival Kevin "The Minefield" Minnifield.
Necessary Roughness airs 10 p.m. Wednesdays on USA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game