'Necessary Roughness': Liz Vassey to Return for Season 2 (Exclusive)
The actress will reprise her role as Gabrielle Pittman on the USA Network sports drama.
A familiar face is headed back to USA's Necessary Roughness.
Liz Vassey, who appeared in two episodes on the sports drama's freshman season, is set to return to the Callie Thorne-led series in season 2 as New York Hawks football team co-owner Gabrielle Pittman, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Viewers last saw Vassey's character in the finale, "Goal Line," and Gabrielle's past romance with Nico (Scott Cohen) prior to her marriage to Marshall Pittman became a point of contention. When she comes back into the fold, Gabrielle returns to protect her financial stake in the team.
Necessary Roughness, about therapist Danielle Santino (Thorne) hired to help a professional football team, will return for 16 episodes in its sophomore effort later this year. Marc Blucas, Mehcad Brooks, Hannah Marks and Patrick Johnson co-star in the Liz Kruger and Craig Shapiro-created series.
The Innovative Artists-repped Vassey appeared in TV series 9ine, Two and a Half Men and CSI.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR