'Necessary Roughness': Liz Vassey to Return for Season 2 (Exclusive)
The actress will reprise her role as Gabrielle Pittman on the USA Network sports drama.
A familiar face is headed back to USA's Necessary Roughness.
Liz Vassey, who appeared in two episodes on the sports drama's freshman season, is set to return to the Callie Thorne-led series in season 2 as New York Hawks football team co-owner Gabrielle Pittman, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Viewers last saw Vassey's character in the finale, "Goal Line," and Gabrielle's past romance with Nico (Scott Cohen) prior to her marriage to Marshall Pittman became a point of contention. When she comes back into the fold, Gabrielle returns to protect her financial stake in the team.
Necessary Roughness, about therapist Danielle Santino (Thorne) hired to help a professional football team, will return for 16 episodes in its sophomore effort later this year. Marc Blucas, Mehcad Brooks, Hannah Marks and Patrick Johnson co-star in the Liz Kruger and Craig Shapiro-created series.
The Innovative Artists-repped Vassey appeared in TV series 9ine, Two and a Half Men and CSI.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)