'Secret Life's' Austin Stowell Joins 'Ned Fox Is My Manny' Pilot (Exclusive)
The actor will play the potentially recurring role of Ryan on the prospective Fox comedy.
The Secret Life of the American Teenager’s Austin Stowell may be returning to television on Ned Fox Is My Manny.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the actor has been cast in the Fox pilot as a guest star and recurring role if the network picks up the series.
Stowell plays Ryan, who lead character Kate (formerly played by Saturday Night Live’s Abby Elliott) used to have a major crush on and reunites with for a disastrous date 10 years later.
The pilot, which follows single mother Kate whose brother, Ned (Oscar-winning The Descendants writer Nat Faxon), moves in to help her raise her baby. The cast also includes Lucy Punch, Maggie Jones, and Echo Kellum.
From writer and executive producer Dana Fox, 20th Century Fox Television and Chernin Entertainment, the single-camera comedy's pilot episode will be directed by Jake Kasdan.
Stowell played Jesse on ABC Family’s Secret Life. He has also appeared on 90210, Secret Girlfriend, and NCIS: Los Angeles. His movie credits include Dolphin Tale and the upcoming film, AWOL, starring The Hunger Games’ Liam Hemsworth.
He is repped by CAA and Justice and Ponder.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR