ABC Orders Three More Scripts for 'Neighbors'
The critically panned comedy becomes the network's first freshman series to earn an additional order this season.
ABC has yet to give any of its freshman series a back-nine order but it is leaning that way for rookie comedy Neighbors.
The critically panned series -- THR's Tim Goodman called it "one of the least funny things to air on television since the last Hitler documentary on History" -- has received an order for three additional scripts at the network.
Jami Gertz and Lenny Venito star as a couple who move in to a community populated by aliens who pose as humans (complete with names after famous athletes) received a plum premiere slot airing after Modern Family, where it scored a 1.9 rating in the key adults 18-49 demographic -- matching the network's prized drama Last Resort.
The series, which was moved back to follow The Middle after its premiere, retained 86 percent of its first-week rating.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram