Neil Patrick Harris Talks Wedding Plans on Bravo's 'Watch What Happens Live' (Video)
The "How I Met Your Mother" star says he and his partner have no plans to marry now that gay marriage is legal in New York.
With hundreds of gay and lesbian couples marrying in New York on Sunday, How I Met Your Mother star Neil Patrick Harris says he and his partner David Burtka have not made any plans to do so themselves.
“We have contemplated it here [in New York],” Harris says Monday on Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live. “But the problem is if you say like yes, we’re planning a wedding, then it becomes a big giant thing.”
“We’re certainly not planning a wedding,” Harris continues. “But we think it’s amazing that eight hundred and some odd people got married yesterday.”
The star says that they previously planned to marry in California when gay marriage was legal for a short time in 2008. The couple began dating in 2004 and they have been engaged for five years. They have two children via a surrogate mother -- a boy named Gideon Scott and a girl named Harper Grace who were born in October of last year.
Watch the video below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR