Syfy's 'Neverland' Starts Off on Good Ratings Note
The first part of the television miniseries scores 2.6 million viewers for the cable network on Sunday.
Syfy bet big with its two-night original miniseries event Neverland and it paid off.
The premiere of Part 1 of Neverland drew 2.6 million total viewers from 9-11 p.m. on Sunday evening, up 5 percent form the cable network's most recent miniseries Alice (an update on Alice in Wonderland) from 2009. The first part of Alice drew 2.3 million viewers.
In the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic, Neverland -- which kicked off Syfy's second annual Countdown to Christmas -- averaged nearly 1 million viewers. In the older 25-54 demo, the two-hour telecast lured 1.13 million viewers.
The final part of Neverland aired on Syfy on Monday evening; ratings for that telecast will be available late Tuesday or early Wednesday. It is a prequel to J.M. Barrie's classic Peter Pan tale starring Rhys Ifans, Keira Knightley, Anna Friel, Bob Hoskins, Raoul Trujillo and Charlie Rowe as Peter Pan. Neverland is produced by Dublin-based Parallel Films on behalf of MNG Films, in association with Syfy and Sky Movies HD and is distributed by RHI Entertainment.
Syfy's Countdown to Christmas continues with holiday episodes of Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Haven on Tuesday; Ghost Hunters on Wednesday; and the original telepic Snowmageddon on Saturday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR