'New Girl' Brings Jess and Coach Together With Basketball (Video)
The two characters finally bond after Damon Wayans Jr.'s return, but sports allegiances shift loft dynamics.
Six episodes into his New Girl return, Coach (Damon Wayans Jr.) has yet to really bond with Jess (Zooey Deschanel). The pair aim to remedy that with the Jan. 14 episode, "Basketsball," though not without offending other people in the loft.
"We're trying to find a balance where Jess trying to be friends with Coach through sports created some kind of conflict with Nick [Jake Johnson]," says New Girl writer Rebecca Addelman in a behind-the-scenes look at the episode, "and we landed on a sex standoff."
But Nick is not upset by the newly initiated bonding, he's mad that Coach manages to get Jess to root for the Detroit Pistons instead of the Chicago Bulls. Jess' Pistons affection gets her kicked out of bed when she turns up in a Detroit T-shirt.
New Girl premieres "Basketsball" on Tuesday, Jan. 16, at 9 p.m.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR