'New Girl' Enlists Margo Martindale to Play Nick's Mom
The "Justified" Emmy winner will make an her debut in a March episode.
The Miller family is growing.
On the heels of an appearance from guest star Dennis Farina as Nick's dad, New Girl has settled on an actress to play his mother. The Hollywood Reporter confirms that Margo Martindale has landed the role, as first reported by EW.
The March episode will find the roommates staging a pilgrimage to Nick's (Jake Johnson) homeland of Chicago, where they meet a very skeptical Mrs. Miller. Like his pony-loving, grifter dad, she doesn't seem to have it all together.
An Emmy winner for her work on Justified, Martindale recently joined FX's The Americans in a recurring role. She'll have an eight-episode arc in the freshman season playing Claudia, a liaison between the KGB and central spies Phillip (Matthew Rhys) and Elizabeth (Keri Russell). She'll also soon be seen in Beautiful Creatures, the film adaptation of August: Osage County and Showtime's Masters of Sex.
Martindale is repped by Gersh.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR