'New Girl': Hannah Simone on Sharing Schmidt With Merritt Wever (Video)
The actress tells THR about the quick resolution to her character's surprise love triangle: "Things either come together or fall apart -- depends on who's talking."
Hannah Simone has had a rough romantic road on New Girl.
After getting dumped by a self-sabotaging Schmidt (Max Greenfield), Cece spent the bulk of the sophomore season plotting an arranged marriage -- only to see her wedding end with a mutual breakup and her would-be groom running off with Taylor Swift.
Now, she's finally back together with Schmidt, but she's unwittingly sharing him with Elizabeth (recent Emmy winner Merritt Wever). Don't expect the love triangle to linger, though. The actress recently stopped by The Hollywood Reporter offices and said that Cece won't be in the dark for long.
"Things start to come to a head with how Schmidt has been juggling Cece and Elizabeth, but in an unexpected way," she says. "Things either come together or fall apart -- depends on who's talking."It certainly doesn't bode well for Cece and Schmidt, but the actress isn't ruling out the possibility that both of the series' central couples can be happy at the same time.
"It doesn't feel like there's a formula in place," she says. "I know that Liz Meriwether likes to keep things as honest and complicated as life can be, which is really fun for all of us."
Watch the complete interview above. New Girl airs Tuesdays on Fox at 9 p.m. ET.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR