Fox's 'New Girl' Enlists Lizzy Caplan
The "Party Down" star lands a three-episode arc as a love interest for Jake Johnson’s Nick.
Fox’s New Girl is going from partying at weddings to Party Down.
The freshman hit has enlisted Party Down star Lizzy Caplan for a three-episode arc in which she’ll play Nick’s (Jake Johnson) love interest Julia Baker.
Julia is described as a highly educated young woman with a master’s degree in art history and a highly cultured manner. She meets Nick -- who took the first steps toward getting over his ex, Caroline, in Tuesday’s episode – at an art gallery opening.
Nick is immediately taken with her seeming perfection and worries that the seemingly perfect woman will be disgusted by his roommates when she joins the guys in celebrating Schmidt’s (Max Greenfield) 29th birthday. However, Nick’s intimidations are cooled when Julia admits she has anger management issues.
Caplan, whose credits also include HBO’s True Blood, is the second high-profile guest star booked for New Girl. The Fox series, which was the first freshman series to earn the full-season order of the year, booked Justin Long for a three-episode arc as a love interest for Zooey Deschanel’s “adorkable” Jess.
Caplan is repped by CAA and Mosaic.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)