Fox's 'New Girl' Enlists Lizzy Caplan
The "Party Down" star lands a three-episode arc as a love interest for Jake Johnson’s Nick.
Fox’s New Girl is going from partying at weddings to Party Down.
The freshman hit has enlisted Party Down star Lizzy Caplan for a three-episode arc in which she’ll play Nick’s (Jake Johnson) love interest Julia Baker.
Julia is described as a highly educated young woman with a master’s degree in art history and a highly cultured manner. She meets Nick -- who took the first steps toward getting over his ex, Caroline, in Tuesday’s episode – at an art gallery opening.
Nick is immediately taken with her seeming perfection and worries that the seemingly perfect woman will be disgusted by his roommates when she joins the guys in celebrating Schmidt’s (Max Greenfield) 29th birthday. However, Nick’s intimidations are cooled when Julia admits she has anger management issues.
Caplan, whose credits also include HBO’s True Blood, is the second high-profile guest star booked for New Girl. The Fox series, which was the first freshman series to earn the full-season order of the year, booked Justin Long for a three-episode arc as a love interest for Zooey Deschanel’s “adorkable” Jess.
Caplan is repped by CAA and Mosaic.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR