Mary Elizabeth Ellis Returning to 'New Girl' for Three Episodes (Exclusive)
The "It's Always Sunny" actress is set to reprise the role of Nick's (Jake Johnson) ex-girlfriend Caroline at the end of the Fox comedy's freshman run.
A few characters on Fox's New Girl might experience deja vu before the end of the season.
Mary Elizabeth Ellis will join Justin Long as another ex returning to the series, only she's sticking around for three episodes.
A 20th Century Fox rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Perfect Couples actress will reprise the role of Nick's (Jake Johnson) manipulative ex-girlfriend Caroline for the last three episodes of the season.
Her appearances will coincide with the ex-centric "Backslide," the season's penultimate episode, which also brings back Jess' (Zooey Deschanel) brief boyfriend Paul (Long).
Ellis previously appeared in the New Girl pilot and "Wedding." Caroline's cameos have coincided (and prompted) rather dramatic emotional responses from Nick.
Before she heads back to New Girl, Ellis will also stop by the March 28 episode of Happy Endings. She's repped by CAA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10